- Valid passport whose expiry date is after 6 months after your return.
- No visa.
These conditions may change. Check with the consulate of Bolivia before departure.
- Consulate of Bolivia in France : 12 avenue President Kennedy – 75016 Paris. Tel: 01 42 88 34 32
- Consulate of Chile in France : 64 Boulevard de Latour Maubourg – 75007 Paris. Tel: +33 1 47 05 46 61
Terra Bolivia has an emergency phone: +591 712 57 378.
For more convenience in traveling, it is advisable to « travel light » and take only the bare essentials, in the most compact way possible (a large travel bag and a day bag, smaller).
For the trek and the andinism, it is imperative to limit the weight of the bag to 15 kg to avoid overloading the carriers or the mules.
Useful information if you plan to buy locally: you are allowed to board up to 20 kilos on the plane on most transatlantic scheduled services (check with airlines for confirmation of these conditions on your flight). It is advisable to take out a « lost baggage » insurance.
Good physical condition recommended due to altitude and climatic variations.
The trip will be difficult in the Lipez region (up to – 30º the night in June!). Have an ability to adapt to the unexpected or the discomfort (bad tracks, climate …).
- DTPolio, Typhoid, Hepatitis A and B.
- For the Amazon, yellow fever. For malaria, few risks except for circuits committed in the Amazon (from Trinidad).
- For the Yungas, no particular recommendation.
Personal pharmacy (collective pharmacy provided):
Your usual medications:
- vitamin C or polyvitamin;
- pain medication: aspirin or equivalent;
- Anti-diarrheal (type Diarsed, Imodium …) + intestinal antiseptic (type Ercefuryl, Ganidan …);
- Broad-spectrum antibiotic treatment: provide 8 days of treatment (on medical prescription);
- anti-inflammatory ointment;
- eye drops (dust, ophthalmia);
- purifying tablets for drinking water (Hydroclonazone, Micropur);
- elastic adhesive tape (Elastoplast);
- set of adhesive bandages + disinfectant compresses;
- double skin (protection against blisters, available in pharmacies);
- treatment for colds and sore throats, Biafine type cream for burns
On the spot
Protection of the sites
The ecological balance of the areas you will cross is very precarious. The permanence of tourist flows, even in small groups, disrupts it all the more quickly.
In the interest of all, each participant is responsible for the cleanliness and the state of the places he crosses and where he camps. The fight against pollution must be everyone’s business. Even if you notice that some sites are already polluted, you must burn all your papers, Kleenex, boxes, etc … Your guide will help you.
- All-terrain Toyota Land-Cruiser long chassis in private service (unless specified in the program).
- Maximum 6 people + driver per vehicle. For certain portions of certain circuits (paved roads) and depending on the size of the group, we can use a classic car, a minibus or a bus (depending on the size of the group).
- All vehicles are covered by insurance.
All our drivers are seasoned. They have good field experience and excellent mechanical skills.
Bilingual Spanish and French – except if specified – in the program and knowing the country. Local guides specialized for certain visits (Potosí mines, Tiwanaku ruins, Jesuit missions …).
Spirit of travel and change of course
- The unforeseen (plane / train delays, breakdowns, etc …) are always possible and are part of the trip.
- Depending on the weather and the desire of the group, the itinerary may be modified. We mean by « trip a la carte » a total flexibility compared to the circuit established before departure.
- Any decision to change the program must be motivated and accepted by the members of the group.
- Some tariff adjustments may take place.
- In double room with bathroom.
- Breakfast included.
- Selection made by us. The hotels are given as an indication subject to availability at the time of booking the circuit.
- In case of unavailability, a hotel of the same category will be proposed.
- Attention, identical category, the quality of hotels in Bolivia is frequently less than that encountered in Europe.
- Tents Doite 2/3 places for 2 people (mountain tents). Mess tent for hikes.
- No toilet tents.
- Local cuisine
- Hearty and varied food from the region where we travel
- In the cities, the meals will be taken in traditional restaurants, in the form of menu or buffet
- Cold meals at noon during long journeys
- Hot meals in the evening, whatever the place